Thursday 6 February 2014

I dream my painting and I paint my dream


“Be clearly aware of the stars and infinity on high. Then life seems almost enchanted after all.”
I know usually I don't blog about art and artists but I felt a sudden inspiration and decided to give it a try.
Vincent van Gogh. Whom was he? A genius or insane? Both I guess. He was a patient in madhouse but at the same time he created truly mesterpieces.
The style of his painting is rather recognisable. Only he could expose and show all the fullness of emotions, the inside beauty through the outside. His painting would never leave anybody indifferent. They burst in colours and feelings urging to see unbelievable things in the routine.

Here are some of my favourites.



Starry Night
“I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day.” 
 “I don't know anything with certainty, but seeing the stars makes me dream.” 
I like this work so much. It has so many layers. 

You simply cannot avoid all the magic of the night depicted here. At night everything is sleeping, everything seems so calm and steady. And then there are clouds and stars that make everything so lively and bright. You don't want to sleep on night like this. You want to stare at the deepest skies and find all the brightest stars, you want to dream beautiful and maybe unrealistic dreams. You want just to lay on a grass and feel it with your skin. A precious, warm and starry night.




The Night Café
Looking at this painting you can almost hear these people talking quietly, living inside their own worlds full of their own problems. You can imagine calm music playing somewhere on the background. You can imagine as well the sounds of drinking and smashing glasses. You can imagine someone playing billiards. 
It's so natural. 





Cafe Terrace at Night

I like this painting because of all the feeling it gives. The feeling of walking on a warm summer night with your beloved one listening to music and different pleasant smells from the cafe and having a small talk. 


The Sower (Sower at Sunset)
What a precious piece of art. You can almost feel the heat on your skin. All the colors of nature are bursting saying:"Look around you! How beautiful everything is, how special!"







The Red Vineyard
Another painting that shows the beauty of a nature. Colors are full of life. People work hard and may not see the beauty. It makes me feel somehow nostalgic of August, when weather and nature are somehow between autumn and summer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment