Friday 2 August 2013

Divergent review

Can’t believe I’ve read it only now. Don’t know what stopped me but still I read it so I’m ready to express my opinion.
I’m a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y-i-n-l-o-v-e with this book! Haven’t started reading the second one, but I’m pretty sure I’ll love it. Nicely depicted the world of the future Chicago – people are divided into five fractions due to dedication of a particular virtue. The government does everything possible to make people alike and to think in that way they can be controlled. Only divergents – people who can decide themselves therefore government doesn’t control them – are dangerous to the leaders. Once leaders find out about divergent – he or she will be killed. So it makes life for Tris – the main character and divergent as well – pretty difficult. On her way through the whole plot she gains a lot of new features of character, new friends, new habits, new tattoos and the first love. Tris is lucky enough to have such a helper like Four – or Tobias. He’s also a divergent and her love. At the end of the book Tris looses almost whole her family and her brother Caleb and Four are the only ones she cares for.
Talking about favourite characters I can’t deny that Four is amazing. He’s smart and strong and helpful and no matter what he has only 4 fears – pretty spectacular huh? In childhood he suffered from his father’s  abuses and does everything possible to become a member of another fraction. And he becomes the best.

If you like action, dystopia and well-written love plotline you will love this book because there’s a lot of this. I can’t wait to read the second part – Insurgent. 


 "… but sometimes it isn’t fighting that’s brave,it’s facing the death you know is coming."

No comments:

Post a Comment