Sunday 4 August 2013

Insurgent review

“Like a wild animal, the truth is too powerful to remain caged.” 


Summary 
One choice can transform you, or destroy you. Every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves, and herself, while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.
My thoughts
Okay I’m pretty sure the third book will be the most desirable for me. Ever.
Really brilliant piece of writing. The language is light, the plotlines are unpredictable. Truly great series.
The whole thing with Four and Tris relationship bothered me a lot throughout the book. I thought at some point the breaking up was possible. And it felt so bad. Because Tris lost her parents, killed her friend, the burden of guilt was way too heavy for her. But it all ended up well. And I really like Tobias for that – for him being so understanding and loyal, reliable and thoughtful.  Instead of being angry because of Tris’s hidden purposes he tried to believe her and check the information. Because in the whole world she’s the only thing he can be sure about. I’m glad he’s not like other characters in such type of books – stupid and blind until something undeniable happens for them to believe.
The characters in this book are rather changed, we found out a little bit more of them. Christina. She was really upset because Tris has killed her boyfriend. Not even upset but angry and furious. But still she founds power to forgive and forget – very nice and reliable character in books so far. Uriah. How’s it even possible not to like him? I mean everyone thought his brother was a traitor and he was cool about it because he knew his brother like no one did and didn’t really believe in him being a traitor. His love Marlene dies and he’s cheerful because it is the way he lives. Laughs through pain and loss. Lynn. What a great character she was! Loyal no matter what. And honest. It’s shame she faded away. Fernando – we hadn’t opportunity to know him for long, but what we knew he was brave and kind. And of course he died. Peter. I’m not satisfied with his line here. It could be such a nice plot twist – he hates Tris and then saves her life because he’s not that bad. But no he is and it’s tragic. And it makes his good deed not so bright.
But who really amazed me is Caleb. Like what the hell he did? It’s really hard to think of him as a traitor because he is such a nice character. He was. Can’t believe he really found an excuse for his deeds. Such a shame Tris still cared about him after all. He’s her brother though.
The whole book I didn’t like Four’s mother. Like I feel she’ll do something that will hurt him a lot. The whole family thing is painful for him maybe that’s why he tried really hard to believe her and didn’t listen what Tris said.
I have a feeling that new government would be worse and that weak and exhausted group of people that left would need to organize revolution more effective that they did. The thought that the whole world exists without fractions etc. terrifies them and it’s understandable. It means the whole their life was a lie. The cliffhanger is the worst – you just really don’t know what to think and what the characters would do.
Can’t wait for the next book – Allegiant

2 comments:

  1. YES, YES and YES!
    Great choice! Im a HUGE FAN of Tris and Four!
    The ending to the last book left me on a respirators searching for breaths
    Tobias.... Pause to swoon
    Sorry I'm totally fan girling on your page.

    Anyways besides your good taste in books aha, I’ve been reading for posts and I seriously put 3 books in my TBR shelve so thank you for that! New follower!

    I’m a new blogger and would really appreciate it if you would check out my WOW and followed my blog @ http://straightfromthereadersmouth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Four wouldn't be killed in Allegiant. Authors enjoy killing perfect characters =/
    Very nice of you to stop and write a comment!
    Your blog is nice, follow back is done ;)

    ReplyDelete