Saturday 18 June 2016

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes


Push yourself. Don't Settle. Just live well. Just LIVE.

This book is the finest example of why you should never listen to the other people hyping. I’ve been recommended to read this since forever. I’ve seen cheesy quotes from it literally everywhere. There wasn’t escape from this book. And when I’ve learnt that there will be a movie I finally decided to give it a go.

This is a love story, a sad one. Very “TFIOS’ style, I would say, characters are older but the tone is the same. From the very beginning I predicted the ending. I wasn’t spoiled about it luckily. And while reading I really hoped that is would be Lou who dies. But anyways, it ended as it should have.

Don’t let the hype fool you, this book is totally not about love. Well, love’s on the list, but just among lots of other important things. This book is about finding your true self. It is about growing, changing your life completely, and not being afraid to make a fresh start in 27. It teaches us that it never is too late to start living a life imagined. And yes, it is about love.

I can’t say that I loved this book. It was an interesting read. I could relate to Lou and her sister in some ways. This book would totally be interesting to anyone in their twenties who struggle to find their place and purpose. 4 stars for relatable characters that actually grow. And prepare yourself for a sadness, it’s better be done beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment