Monday 18 April 2016

Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan, Maureen Johnson, Robin Wasserman

“People could bear so much, but Simon did not know how much of the original you was left when the world had twisted you into a whole different shape.”


Cannot fathom the reason why I’ve delayed reading this book (or stories) for so long. I guess I was done with this story when they cancelled shooting the second film. But the new TV series came along and bam I’m here, talking about the adventures of Simon Lewis in Shadowhunter Academy with all my passion.

The story continues after The City of Heavenly Fire. Simon couldn’t bare all the pressure and expectations from his friends (because demon amnesia sucks, you know) and decides to go to the Academy to become a Shadowhunter and be that hero again, bring his life back. Throughout these two years he grows into a completely different man, questions his place in Shadow world, his relationships and feelings to people him barely remembers. Little by little he restores Sizzy into a whole new level which I enjoyed. There were tragedies and sad moments, but, I guess, it was essential to the plot (I mean, Simon Lovelace has a nice ring to it).

Some stories I enjoyed more than the others. Like those with TID characters or Max Lightwood-Bane (Oh my Malec! <3). It was lovely reading and witnessing this Shadow world through the eyes of Simon – once mundane, than Downwolder and mundane again. I think, most of readers could relate to him in ways he sees injustices of Shadownunters breed towards mundanes, Downwolders and fellow Shadowhunters.

 This book is a total must-read before Lady Midnight.

1 comment:

  1. hey..do you have the book in pdf or epub format? Can you please help me with it? My mail is kristinika87@yahoo.com. Thank you very much in advance.

    ReplyDelete