Friday 2 January 2015

I was cursed with poetry very young

“I should be Adam. God was proud of Adam. But Satan’s the one I sympathise with. For I was cast out, like Satan, though I did no wrong. And when I see others content, I feel the bile rise in my throat, and it tastes like Satan’s bile.”




Have you ever tried playing God, my friend? Well that’s a dangerous thing and Victor Frankestein knows everything about it.


From the beginning to the very end you are captured by this monstrous, mysterious, dark play about human nature, love and responsibility. The actors will become impossibly human in an unhuman way. This play is a must see for every human being who is interested in art, theatre and literature. 



Speaking about two versions of this play, I like both. But prefer ‘Cumberbatch-Frankenstein, Lee Miller-The Creature’ version better. Benedict’s Creature is strange and interesting, like a big scared child whilst Lee Miller’s Victor is too how to say – gloomy, aggressive. Even for his condition. Victor played by Benedict is more soft and natural, the Creature by Lee Miller looks like beast. Cumberbatch plays both parts really well but the version with him playing Victor is more balanced.



All in all, this is a great piece of work. Any version you’ll decide to watch you would definitely like.





“Don’t leave me. Don’t leave me alone, Master. What is death? What will it feel like? Can I die? Frankenstein forgive me, my cruelty, please forgive me. All I wanted was your love, I would have loved you with all my heart. My poor creator.”

No comments:

Post a Comment