Sunday 7 September 2014

Nine Stories by J.D. Salinger

“Poets are always taking the weather so personally. They're always sticking their emotions in things that have no emotions.” 

 The title pretty much sums it up – Salinger wrote and put 9 completely different stories in one book and chose the most laconic title. Have you enjoyed reading The Catcher in the Rye  and Salinger style? Then you should take a look at this book.


As for me, books with short stories are always great. Because it is really a quick read you can enjoy in train or reread as many times as you want during your coffee break. These stories are just brilliant. I have finished reading it almost a month ago and I keep remembering different moments till this day. This book is a true kaleidoscope of stories – from heartbreaking to nice and comfy. It is an emotional roller-coaster. Topic are so different it amazes me how Salinger has managed to put all of them in one book and made it look neat.

Read it right now. It is good. You’ll enjoy it I promise.

“He said I was unequipped to meet life because I had no sense of humor.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment