Monday 12 January 2015

Goodreads Reading Challenges

At the beginning of each year Goodreads aka the home of all bookaholics offers you to set yourself a goal - a number of books you are going to read this year. Not a big deal eh? But not for everyone. Almost all my Goodreads friend take part in this challenge, but I decided to refuse this year. And this is why.

I used to read really alot in a small amount of time for uni and so after graduating I started to appreciate slow, calm reading with tea at evenings, enjoynig every page. But I couldn't do it with the challenge 'cause I moved too slow. So I decided to read quickly and certainly wasn't enjoying a book at all. I know, not all of you freak out, but I am a competetive person and the competition with myself is the most important.

What do you think of these challenges? Do they motivate you to read more or frustrate like they do to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment