Friday 12 September 2014

TFIOS Movie Review


I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up, my friend.


So…I plucked up all my courage and went to see it. And it was good. I mean like really good, any book fan would be pleased. They managed to depict this heartbreaking story with light and warmth like it should be. Let’s discuss all in details.


The script misses few moments from the book but actually they weren’t necessary. In all adaptations such situations take place because it is quite difficult to show everything we read in the book. Like I said, adaption is quite balanced. 




Actors. Firstly I disliked casting results but then I changed my mind. This is a nice example of people who are true fans of the story they are showing, who are in the right place and doing awesome job. There were several moments I considered the most difficult and actors did all of them amazingly good. I really have no objections to their play.


The OST is amazing as well, all songs fit perfectly. The movie is supposed to be perfect catch for teens BUT (to my surprise) lots of them called movie “boring” and left the cinema feeling they wasted their time. It might be because they haven’t read the book. Although my friend hasn’t read as well and she enjoyed the film lots, cried and experienced all da FEELS.


Here's the thing about Hazel: Almost everyone is obsessed with leaving a mark upon the world. Bequeathing a legacy. Outlasting death. We all want to be remembered. I do, too. That's what bothers me most, is being another unremembered casualty in the ancient and inglorious war against disease. I want to leave a mark. But Van Houten: The marks humans leave are too often scars.
Hazel is different. She walks lightly, old man. She walks lightly upon the earth. Hazel knows the truth: We're as likely to hurt the universe as we are to help it, and we're not likely to do either. People will say it's sad that she leaves a lesser scare, that fewer remember her, that she was loved deeply but not widely. But it's not sad, Van Houten. It's triumphant. It's heroic. 
 [...] I just held her hand and tried to imagine the world without us and for about one second I was a good enough person to hope she died so she would never know that I was going, too. But then I wanted more time so we could fall in love. I got my wish, I suppose. I left my scar.
 She is so beautiful. You don't get tired of looking at her. You never worry if she is smarter than you: You know she is. She is funny without ever being mean. I love her. I am so lucky to love her, Van Houten. You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world, old man, but you do have so say in who hurts you. I like my choices. I hope she likes hers.

 I do, Augustus.
I do



Anyways guys you should give it a shot. Whether you’ve read it or not, it is still a unique story which will teach you some things for sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment